Thursday, September 9, 2010

09-09-2008...

THAT ONE HOUR



It was 9 at morning
May be for some, time for yawning
Suddenly a voice came “where are others”
Quickly replied “may be with brothers”
With no delay another question attacked
“Should the lecture be packed?”
A little smile on my face
The decision I would embrace
Rushing into lecture hall, someone said
“May I come in”, teacher nodded her head
“Please mam, please mam” the voice cried
But in a angry mood she denied
I don’t know why I was there
I had no choice but to stare
45 min left, says the watch
Teacher scolded, said not to botch
No less than torture for me
Finding myself helpless as if in a sea
One after other numerical being fired
It’s high time, I was tired
I was seized up by her
Sleeping, I have to prefer.
Still fifteen minutes for me to work
After that it would be all smirks
Don’t know why she is irritating me
Humming in front of me like a bee
Only five minutes to go
She said me for the copy to show
I don’t know why she was happy
I was totally snappy
Announced next lecture for a test
Hoping me to perform the best
I thought never to attend a class
If attendance was not in mass
She said thank you and went out
For me whole lecture was a doubt
Feeling relaxed after that one hour lecture
What next I had no conjecture
A rush came inside the class
I went out without a bass
I will never forget this hour
I will never forget this hour….


PARMITA BISWAS

2 comments: